Dedee
I'm not sure why I picked that line as my title. Love the movie.

So, this post is going to be another random post--things like my favorite Backyardigans episodes (Catch That Butterfly and Journey to the Center of the Earth) and VeggieTales episodes (Esther and A Snoodle's Tale).

Because really I have nothing to say. I just know that both Brillig and Charette posted today and I wanted to be one of the big girls.

Yup, I'm a dork.

But didn't you know that already?

Oooo, but I promised you music posts.

Let's see. . .

So, in the interest of getting myself booed out of bloglandia, I shall reveal a little known fact about me.

I really do Not like the Beatles.

It's true. I am not a fan. I don't really like John Lennon.

I feel like. . .some sort of weirdo for saying this out loud.

But I love this song.



When I sat in the hospital on the day my first son was born and stared at him, this song was all I could think of. Not even the whole song. Just the line. "Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy." And I sang it to him, over and over.

Love you Seth!
8 Responses
  1. Kazzy Says:

    Oh, sweet!

    And I have been hoping for Charrette to get on the stick with blogging. I miss her.


  2. Lovely!

    I'm a fickle fan. Adore some of their stuff and am put off by some of it as well. =)


  3. Emily Says:

    I never knew this song, until Elliot's ultrasound, when we found it.
    We love it too, and with only boys, we sing it quite often! :)


  4. I love that movie, too.

    Isn't it cathartic to confess something so unpopular? I love it. I adore the Beatles, but I have confessed things of similar magnitude before.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Whenever I hear that song, I think of Mr. Holland's Opus. And I cry.

    And I frickin' LOVE that movie you quoted. I have every line memorized. And Col. Brandon?! oh, swoon.


  6. InkMom Says:

    Into the thick of it! Into the thick of it!

    (Please tell me you get this.)


  7. Unknown Says:

    I love that movie as well! I'm a huge Jane Austin fan. And I'm a huge fan of anyone that takes her work and turns it into something splendid. Like whoever made that movie and all the fabulous actresses/actors in it.


  8. I like the Beatles, but selectively.