Dedee
I planted an avocado. In a pot. In my house (because they don't grow outside here).

It won't die.

We haven't watered it in weeks. Probably months. There is a weird mold in the dirt. When we did water it, the leaves would grow and then immediately curl up and die. The stem is not more than 6 inches long. It's in such sad shape.

But it won't die. 1/2 of the stem is still green. There are leaf shoots on it. It's still fighting, in spite of neglect and disease and who knows what else. It won't die.

- - - -

I'm sure there is a lesson to be learned there somewhere, but since I haven't been to bed before midnight in weeks, I'm not finding it. Brain capacity? 100% Brain functionality? 10 %

- - - -

One of my favorite things about this time of year is the plethora of available Mandarin oranges and Clementines. My kids love them. They are a yummy, kid sized, easily peeled snack. We revel in them. Tyrone would eat a box by himself in a day if I let him.

- - - -

I kept forgetting about my Christmas dishes this year. In my defense, I got them at a garage sale for $5.00 this summer, so it's not like I've had a long standing tradition of using them. They are cute. We finally brought them down on Sunday and are using them every dinner--provided I can get them through the dishwasher fast enough. If you want to see what they look like, click here. I have 8 full servings and two boxes of accessories. I scored! And they are cute!

- - - -

The choir program was awesome. I love Christmas music!!!

- - - -

A rim cracked on one of our tires. I didn't even know that could happen. It took a week for them to find someone who could fix it. Did you know that driving on a spare really cuts down your gas mileage? We dropped significantly.

- - - -

The other car is having problems. It goes now, but it's not fixed. That will probably be what Faramir does all evening, while he listens to the Vegas bowl!

- - - -

The book editing I am doing is going really well! I'm very excited about the project as a whole and I'm especially excited about the women that I'm working with. Perhaps you've heard of them? Charette and Brillig? Yeah, I'm spoiled. It couldn't be more cool!

- - - -

It's snowing. I've decided to become reconciled to snow because as much as I dislike snow, I hate green/dead/gray/brown more. Bring on the snow!

- - - -

It should be a quiet Christmas. None of the out of townees are coming in. We are just being calm and collected with the people we have here.

- - - -

I have more dvds than I do space. I have a love/hate relationship with that fact.

- - - -

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! I love you all to pieces! Be well and remember Christ at this time!

~Eowyn
7 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    Happy, Happy Randomness.
    The music program was amazing.
    I hope your car gets fixed easily,
    And I am happy even thinking about your christmas dishes.
    Merry Christmas to you!


  2. No brain here either (it's dripping out my nose) so xoxoxoxoxo!
    I love you and miss you!

    P.S. I love your Christmas dishes. They almost make me want some. :)

    P.P.S. We watched Night at the Museum 2 and LOVED it! Now my kids are begging for a DC trip. One of these days....


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, those dishes ARE cute!!

    Charrette AND Brillig?! You lucky, lucky girl! *jealous* =]

    Merry, Merry Christmas Eowyn. *Hugs* Love ya!


  4. Kazzy Says:

    We are nuts for Clementines too and can't get enough of them!

    I hope you had a great holiday and that you and your family are well.


  5. Clementines rock winter.

    I have your address, right? Because suddenly I need to send you something.


  6. Heidi Says:

    $5 for those dishes is practically criminal! I am currently trying to find a way to squeeze more books into my house. (I don't read them anymore, just store them for future use.) The DVD's aren't so lucky.


  7. I especially love the Cutie stickers that come on the little oranges :) !!

    And I would love to hear more about this book editing you are doing. How wonderful!