Dedee
Right now I am getting ready to hike a mountain pass from one beautiful canyon in to another. Then I shall stop at a picnic area halfway down the second canyon and spend the day playing water games and eating and gabbing with the family. Yesterday I did more things family and tomorrow I shall do even more things family. I'm actually in charge of all of this, so I am probably tearing my hair out about now.

As you can see, I am smack dab in the middle of a family reunion right now. In honor of my reunion and for those who couldn't come, I thought I would share with you the top ten things that make us all part of my family. You know. . .Theoden's family. And, of course, the top ten things that all the Faramir's of the family get very annoyed by.

Top Ten things that make Theoden's family us.

10-Everyone else is more important.
9-Dishes are a gathering time.
8-Home canned is always better than store-bought.
7-Tomatoes off the vine are a necessity in this and the next life.
6-Laughter is the best medicine
5-Any movie made after 1950 is probably of the devil. (Most of us aren't that way now, but that's the way we were brought up.)
4-Cows are for slaughtering, not pets.
3-Walk. Walk fast. Enjoy the scenery.
2-All statements start with the phrase "Now, I hope this won't offend you. . ."
1-Ice cream must be homemade. And it must be eaten at least 3-4 times a week. And it goes with every thing. (syrup, waffles, pancakes, applesauce, you name it, Ice cream goes with it.)

Top Ten things that the Theoden family does that annoy other people.

10-"Just Truthing!" (As opposed to just kidding)
9-Inability to follow a plan
8-See number 5 above
7-See number 2 above
6-Unsolicited advice (We're bad at it. It's a fact. I mean. . .we're really good at giving it.)
5-There is no such thing as shallow thinking. All things are symbolic and thought provoking. (If you don't believe me, wait till you read all about Roman Holiday--the movie)
4-See number 8 above
3-We are too smart for our own good.
2-See number 10 above. Yeah, it's irritating to other people at times.
1-We can usually see all sides of every issue. It's paralyzing. Just make a decision already!

And the number 1 reason that people love us?

Ice Cream must be homemade. And it must be eaten 3-4 times a week.

Well, maybe not really. We could probably add in that we are an extremely giving family and very strong-minded.

Oooh, speaking of strong minded, there was a guy in college who told my boyfriend-at-the-time that I was too strong minded. This guy could never date me for that reason. That threw me for a while until I decided that I liked being that way.

Welcome to the family.
Labels: edit post
7 Responses
  1. I love your family - but you're my fav and always will be. Have fun out there!


  2. Homemade ice cream?

    Am slobbering...


  3. Missing you like mad! I hope that you had a great time today. I can't wait to hear about your adventures this week. Give my love to everyone. :)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Your family sounds wonderful! And they must be, you're a part of them!


  5. Kazzy Says:

    Sounds like a great family!

    I know a couple of men (who may or may not be my brothers) that are very put off by strong-willed women. I never got that...


  6. charrette Says:

    I don't find any of that off-putting. More like endearing. I'd like to adopt the whole crew, hook, line and sinker.


  7. Brillig Says:

    Hahaha. Your lists are hilarious. Frankly, though, y'all sound pretty darn fun!