Dedee
As promised, here's the deep thoughts on the movie Roman Holiday starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.

Shall I say it?

Okay, I will.

Any movie with Gregory Peck is going to be delicious.

Now that we've got that out of the way I'll get serious, because, as I said before, there is no shallow thinking in our family. . .hmm. . .Oceans 11. . .Eye candy. . .hmmm. . .

Oh. Sorry.

Really, I am going to be serious here.

You know what kind of guy attracts me? Strong men who show compassion. You know, the Atticus Finch type in a movie. Or the Roman Holiday Gregory Peck type. It helps if they are chiseled, but I like compassionate guys. Or guys that get show strength of characters. Take, for instance, Jim Carrey in The Truman Show. He was totally attractive to me in that show. Not so much in The Majestic. That one was slightly too political for me to stomach. He was still cute in that one. But when he's doing his comedy schtick. Not so attractive. You know what I mean?

This is totally not what I was going to blog about. I was going to be all serious about Roman Holiday. I still might in a later post, but I've pretty much blown serious out of the water on this one.

(As I sit here and analyze how in some respects being married has taught me that I can actually think shallow thoughts, like how some actors really are eye candy, and it's okay to occasionally think shallowly. Crap. I might get serious if I'm not careful.)

So yeah, now you know what I'm attracted to. It's a good think I married a chiseled guy who has a lot of compassion and goodness in him, eh? :)
9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I know you went for serious in this post but it's hilarious! (And I'm totally with you on what makes a guy attractive.) =]


  2. I love Roman Holiday. I also love Atticus Finch. That's why my oldest's middle name is Atticus.


  3. Once again I have to think that you married the perfect guy for you. Yay-ness. =)

    And I am so NOT going to spend the rest of my day daydreaming about Gregory Peck.

    Totally.

    Not at ALL.


  4. TC Says:

    Any friend of Luisa's is a friend of mine. And anyone who claims a special attraction to Gregory Peck is also a friend of mine because I think he's so hot! Or, was so hot. And yes, I'm a male who isn't afraid to admit his attraction to another male, but not in that way.

    Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. I love having new visitors and I hope you come back again.


  5. Kazzy Says:

    Gregory who? d r o o l


  6. charrette Says:

    If you like Gregory Peck, you have to see To Kill A Mockingbird. I love Roman Holiday. But Mockingbird shows him at his finest.


  7. Unknown Says:

    I was all ready to leave you my Roman Holiday comments. I guess I'll save mine for your serious post too.


  8. Brillig Says:

    Hahahaha. Amen, sistah. Amen.


  9. There is no better eye candy than Gregory Peck.

    But the Ocean's Eleven crew comes close.