Dedee
So being the book-a-holic that I am, I thought I'd catch you up on what I've been reading and how I like it.

Pendragon book numbers 2 and 3 by D.J. MacHale I love the Pendragon series. I'm having a ton of fun reading them. Not quite ready for my daughter to read them, so I give them a 12-14.

The Parting by Beverly Lewis. I love historical fiction. It's probably my second favorite genre. And I enjoyed this book. Not only was it well written, I also got to take a peek into a world I know next to nothing about. (Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country, specifically.) It was a light and enjoyable read. I'd give it a 10. And I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

Season of Sacrifice by Tristi Pinkston. I'm giving this a 10, because I wouldn't care if my daughter read it, but I found it a bit boring. It's based on the life of her great(or two or three more) grandfather. It's fascinating peek into the life of the LDS pioneers, but I found that the story spent so much time focused on the facts that it wasn't as good of a story as it could have been. I feel like she also could have made this three books for the (basically) three different stories that were shoved into one book-or so it felt like to me. I would love to see Tristi re-write this and give more fictional detail to what could be three fascinating stories.

The Time Travelers by Linda Buckley-Archer. I enjoyed this. Light and easy and I'll be handing it over to my daughter soon. It gets an 8. Very fun. Another series I'm now in the middle of. (That makes my count what, 15 now?)

Beneath a Marble Sky by John Shors. I found this an engaging read, but I didn't really enjoy it. It gets a 25 or so, because I wouldn't want my daughter to read it any time soon. Rape, betrayal, censure, beauty, wonder, love, lust, etc. all grace the pages of this book. But fascinating in the glimpse of the world that I got. Again, a world I know nothing about.

The Wee Free Men by Terry Prachett (Thanks Kim!). I'll give it a 10, because there is nothing in it that I find objectionable, however, I'm not sure she'll get it. A fun romp though. Gotta love Terry Prachett! (Especially as Kim just sent me 5 TP books! :))

That's all I can think of right now. I'll add to it if I can remember if I read any more.

Happy Saturday.
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Yay! Glad you enjoyed it. There's something in the Tiffany Aching saga that makes me giddy and gleeful as I read.

    My To Read list is getting to be quite monstrous here!

    Reading Mistborn at the moment, just started last night and stayed up till 1am because of it. Oi!


  2. charrette Says:

    Wow! do you really read that many books in a week? I'm impressed. I'm a pretty slow reader. I tend to do a lot of savoring and not enough gulping. :)