Dedee
As I read Charette's posts about her gifts to us, one came to mind today that I thought I would share. It comes by way of an update.

Today I have been truly blessed.

Pablo's burn is healing quite nicely. He is no longer in pain and mostly giggles when we put Polysporin on and re-wrap it because it's at the itchy, ticklish stage. However, I don't think he'll be thinking about that much over the next week because he had his tonsillectomy today.

The surgery was quick and he is dealing with it all rather well. He's tired and quiet, but awake and not screaming, so it's all good. He was released from the hospital in record time for us so I'm very pleased with how things are going so far. I'm especially pleased when I listen to him sleep. Already he is breathing better. I'm so thankful for this.

And at this time, I get to tell you all about my friend (who's going to be very embarrassed when she reads this) who made my life so much easier today. I have been stewing for a while on what to do with my other kids. They don't have to be to school until 9:15 and I knew that chances were pretty good that he'd have to be at the surgical center before that.

Enter my friend who asked me if she could babysit--and get my other kids off to school. I was so relieved when she asked. And when I called up to confirm with her she not only said that it was okay, she told me she would take care of dinner too. Again, I was so relieved.

We got everything arranged, and I showed up this morning to drop my kids off. When I got there she promptly asked if she could pick up my kids from school and bring them home so I didn't have to pack Pablo up to get the other kids. Again, I was so relieved.

What she doesn't know is that in every case she was an answer to a prayer. She anticipated my needs, and asked to help before I had time to ask her for her help. I'm so grateful for her friendship. It has greatly blessed me today. Her service allowed me to be able to relax and focus on Pablo and make it as easy as possible.

Thanks Em.

If I can ever do the same for you. . .

(On a side note, I am grateful for the medical professionals who helped us today. I know they got paid for it, but sometimes the professionals aren't quite as nice as the ones we had today. The nurse in particular was very kind and helpful. I've never had such a thorough briefing after a surgery. I'm in awe of the man who went through all of the medical school so that he could take my son's tonsils out. I'm also in awe of the strides that have been made in the field of anesthesiology. I remember going in for surgery and having a very different experience than any of my kids have. It's a miracle to me.)
Labels: edit post
9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh, Eowyn. I'm so teary on your behalf. What a beautiful friend to be there for you like this. What excellent care for Pablo. I'm so grateful and relieved for your family. God Bless, friend. God Bless.


  2. Emily Says:

    What kind words, truly, thank you. I too, am grateful for your friendship, and for the depth it brings to my life.
    I am so glad that you can now put a check mark next to this, and be done with it!
    We're praying for a speedy, healthy, recovery at your house!
    Thank you again for your kind words, they touched my heart.


  3. charrette Says:

    What a beautiful friend and a beautiful story...to have your needs anticipated like that is a miraculous gift.

    I wish I could have been that friend for you this week. But I know we do rescue each other from time to time, which is wonderful.

    p.s. the word verification letters spell "rescu"


  4. I don't know you, Emily, but thanks for being there for Eowyn when I could not! What a blessing.


  5. So glad the surgery went well!!!!!! He's a little trooper!


  6. I am so relieved that it went well. And the fact that you had caring doctors and nurses and such a generous and Christlike friend who anticipated all your needs is even more wonderful. The Lord truly is guiding your life. He loves you and blesses you and He is grateful that you acknowledge His outstretched hand.


  7. Kazzy Says:

    What a great friend! And I actually had been thinking about your son's tonsillectomy for a while now. I remember you mentioning some insurance problems or something a few months back. Glad that was taken care of. Best of luck in the recovery!


  8. I am so, so very glad that all is well for you. :)


  9. Heidi Says:

    Boy, one doesn't blog-read for a while and all sorts of things happen! I am SO glad you have a friend like that! I live rather far away from my elderly parents as well as my siblings (who probably wouldn't help, anyway) and have had to be so independent b/c of the Big Guy's situation. In fact, I was just sitting here tonight feeling sorry for myself that there is really no one in my life who could do something like that for me. Again, I am SO glad there is in yours!