Dedee
I am trying to rid myself of paper, and I found some thoughts that I want to remember, but I don't want to keep the 6 pages of paper that they are written on. It's four or five small thoughts in the margins of something else and I want to get rid of the paper. So I'm going to type them here. You can read and comment or you can ignore at will.

Adore you all!!

------------

Learn to laugh--we all go through bad times. One of the things to learn is to laugh during those times. Sometimes we can't laugh at the experience we are having, but we can find other things to laugh at in those times, and that will help us through.

Bad experiences come. It's life. One of the most beautiful things that comes of us experiencing trials is that it can help us help others down the line. Sometimes that's the only silver lining there is.

"He who descended below all things will come to our aid. He will comfort and uphold us. He will strengthen us in our weakness and fortify us in our distress. He will make weak things become strong." (Joseph B Wirthlin) How can I teach my children this, that Heavenly Father does give us weakness, but we are obligated to work with Heavenly Father to make those things strong and that our weaknesses make us dependent on the Lord?

Need to think abundantly, even when we are in tight spots. That will enable us to become provident providers.

Don't become overwhelmed by the dirt--don't clutter up our lives.

Sewing, writing, music, reading--Those are me, but not me in that order. Love comes first. How can I make these other things a manifestation of love?

It's impossible to stockpile on spiritual preparedness.

-----

And for those of you familiar with the LDS hymnal. . .

As Latter-day Saint women, we are practically obsessed with anxiously engaging ourselves in good causes. Maybe it's subliminal?. . .You tell me.

Glancing thought the hymnal last Sunday
I notes that as sisters in Zion,
we who are called to serve
are all enlisted to go marching, marching forward
because the world has need of willing men
to all press on scattering sunshine.
We wonder if we have done any good in the world today
because we have been given much
and want to do what it right,
keep the commandments,
press forward with the Saints,
choose the right,
and put our shoulders to the wheel
going where He wants us to go.
However, as the morning breaks
high on the mountain top,
truth reflects upon our senses,
and while we still believe
that sweet is the work,
we also realize that we have work enough to do
ere the sun goes down.
And thus we ask
Thee ere we part,
where can we turn for peace?
7 Responses
  1. Kazzy Says:

    I love to press on, scattering sunshine! Very clever.

    Yes, the laughing really is so crucial to keeping sane.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    So many good thoughts, Eowyn. I have felt myself needing many of them. Thank you. *hugs*


  3. amber_mtmc Says:

    What an excellent use of blogging! I have so many thoughts that just disappear because I fail to write them down.

    The poem? Genius. Clever.

    I have read your thoughts on Kim's blog and have been reading your posts for a little bit. I felt it was time I comment.


  4. I feel like waving at Ambrosia and saying hi - she is such a sweetie. =)

    Love your thoughts...love your great big heart, even though it causes you pain sometimes to care so, so much. You also feel joy so keenly and I admire that in you. Why can I not hug you through this darn screen?


  5. Laine Says:

    go to your buddies blog and find my last night's dream under the comments. are you pregnant? If not, then maybe i am! love you forever! elaine


  6. What a fabulous idea to jot down your thoughts and spiritual impressions on your blog. I should start doing that to make myself a bit more accountable.

    Love your clever new hymn :) !! Are you going to compose music for it?


  7. Heidi Says:

    That hymnal recap is brilliant!