Dedee

Here it all is! 3 1/2 pints of plain raspberry and 13+ pints of a strawberry/raspberry/rhubarb mix. It's about like eating candy actually. The strawberries I had could not have been better. Eating the strawberries plain was like eating a strawberry candy. They were that sweet! I do low sugar jam (because I like to actually taste the fruit I'm eating) and this is still very sweet.


On bread--sorry this isn't the best of pictures. It's yum.


The mess


More mess--I haven't recovered from the mess yet. I'm not the worlds best housekeeper, so it usually takes me a few days to get everything cleaned up.

As for a recipe, I'm not sure I can help you. I'm notorious for just mixing whatever I have together and making it in to jam. And that's what I did this time. I use low sugar pectin and cook my jam--using the instructions in the package. (Not so much a fan of freezer jams.) With mixes, I usually just split the difference on the amount of fruit and the sugar and it all works out.

Incidentally, this is my 100th post at Refracted Light. How on earth did that happen?

Happy days!
10 Responses
  1. I can't think of a better way to celebrate 100 posts than with jam! Yum!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Happy 100th blog post!!! I'm so very happy for you! And I wish that jam was mine! *my own...my precious...*


  3. Laine Says:

    I'm drooling. I am on a 10 day detox plan and eating lots of leafy greens, low-fat protein, like chicken and other liver and colon loving foods, but oh how I would love a piece of toast with your jam!!!! I will abstain for 6 more days. I'm half way there.


  4. 100th post! Isn't is amazing how fast it goes?

    And I really really want some jam now.


  5. congatulations! wow, your 100th post! and what a yummy way to celebrate it.


  6. Delicious!

    I can't wait until I can harvest some of my rhubarb next year....


  7. Kazzy Says:

    Congrats on reaching 100!

    The jam looks so tasty. It is, by far, my favorite thing to bottle. And I love that you took photos of the mess. How cool!


  8. Emily Says:

    Seriously, you have been busy whilst we have been away. Deliciously busy. Glad to see you were so productive. And thanks for the recommendation on the book. 1/2 way through, and loving it.
    Lets get together soon?


  9. charrette Says:

    You are amazing! Thank you for all that deliciousness delivered right to my door!

    And I think making jam to celebrate your 100th post says you have just the right balance of cyber and real in your life.


  10. Happy 100 posts ... even if I am WAY late to the game.

    Wish I could partake of the jam with you :) !!