Dedee
When you know that you have Navajo women at your mom's house who are making fry bread, check the calorie count Before you eat 1 1/2 pieces that are 10 1/2 inches around. Not after.

When you see two desserts on the table and you think "I'll just have one of each, it's a cheat day anyway--my first in a month and a half", remember that the eclair will have banana filling in it and you are only going to eat half anyway, and just don't pick it up. And that peanut butter bar, re-think that as well. It was luscious, but was it worth the 350 calories? (The answer to that is, possibly. It was delicious!)

Do not try to chop onions, carrots and garlic while you are crying your way through Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. Yes, I know nothing happened, but you came precariously close to slicing a finger.
(For an MP3 of said talk, click here. It was by far one of the most powerful talks of the weekend, and I think most of it would be applicable no matter what version of Christianity you subscribe to.)

Do congratulate yourself on not eating any of the Easter candy so abundantly available at your mom's house, and further congratulate yourself for making sure the candy you bought to contribute was not anything you were tempted by.

Get rid of the couple of exercise videos that you have out grown. They aren't helping any more. It's time to invest in some more high-powered DVDs. (Any suggestions?)

Remember to exercise every day this week.

Do not lose your temper. It's not worth it.

The house is in shambles. Do you think that it's your fault? Yup, you're right. It's not entirely your fault, but it ain't gettin any cleaner (to coin a phrase from the Llama movie). Back to work!

When there are 14 kids in one house, the noise level is bound to be higher. Next time, invest in some painkiller!

You get to practice with Kendra right now. Enjoy it.

Oh, and that lick you are struggling on in the piano duet you are soon to be playing in church? Be patient. It will come.

(On an unrelated note--nothing has changed on the job front. Faramir, thankfully, is getting some fill-in time which is padding our finances a bit. But as for long-term, permanent decisions, still nothing. I promise to let you know whenever something happens.)


One last thing. You love your kids.
11 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    Love the notes to yourself.
    I often find myself talking to myself, and saying things like this! :)
    And I am glad you didn't loose a finger....


  2. 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Ouch. I do a circuit of all the Wii Fit aerobic exercises I have unlocked and then top it off with one of her twenty minute routines (which are NOT for wimps) and it's equivalent to 45 minutes of kickboxing at the gym.)


  3. EEEEMommy Says:

    I don't have an eloquent or witty response. I just like this post. :)


  4. Heidi Says:

    I am at that advanced age and level of fat-retention that very little is actually worth it. I am always cursing myself for indulging b/c it just didn't taste 350 calories, worth, you know? One thing that does--Applebees Chocolate decadence hot chocolate cake with ice cream and whipping cream. I NEVER regret that choice!(but that's more like 1000)


  5. "whatever version of Christianity you subscribe to" :)

    "You love your kids"

    I love YOU! :)


  6. Sounds like some good advice.

    Except peanut bars? Are always worth it.

    Love you!


  7. Laine Says:

    That was my favorite talk too. Glad you wrote these notes to self. They apply to me, too. Thanks.


  8. Brillig Says:

    Um, I ate all the Easter candy. That's right. The candy that the Easter Bunny was going to put into all those baskets? Yup. I ate it. Not quite sure how to explain this to hubby. I'll probably just have to sneak out and buy more...

    Mmmm. Fry bread.


  9. Now I am craving some Easter candy ... I mustn't give in (at least this time, lol :) !!)


  10. charrette Says:

    Am currently availing myself of Easter candy whenever the mood strikes (food of choice: Cadbury mini-eggs). I must be starved for endorphins.

    Am amazed with all this fixation on food and calories, because I truly think of you as thin.

    And Jeffrey R. Holland's talk will likely go down in history as one of the best ever! (I was crying my eyes out, too!)

    Love you!


  11. I subscribe to eat whatever you want as long as you exercise off whatever you don't need :-) I don't like exercising very much but I like dancing so the best way to motivate me to exercise is dancing, so I got me dance DVDs. The latest one I got is so cheesy!!!! Are you ready? --- it's Dancing With The Stars Workout! Ha-ha! Now I'm burning off calories to a Latin beat :-) I'm not sure if it's effective but it gets me off my hiny to exercise.