Dedee
I just read the word underwhelming. I love that word. I also love the word abscond. What a great mix of sounds! Chartreuse is another good one. Indigo too. (Of course I love color words!) Salient. Aren't words just fun to say?!?

Tyrone has done it! He has been out of diapers for two weeks now. It was something we were working for but that I didn't really expect to happen for a few months yet. We started the process, he finished it. Now all I have to worry about is wiping.

One of the reasons I love Veggie-Tales is because they are witty. The humor isn't about bodily functions. I grew up on things like the old Whinnie-The-Pooh movies and I listen to them and I still laugh because of the wittiness. (As an old WP tape currently plays in my VCR for Tyrone) I mean, does anyone now days come up with a "Pooh-coo clock"? How great is that! But Veggies are like that. I listen in as my kids watch (I'm usually somewhere else in the house, but there's no privacy in this house) and there are lines in every one of the Veggies that make me laugh. "Gee Alfred, I know I'm not the wittiest of cucumbers. . ." Love it!

I've started counting calories. It's actually a bit of a pain. But it's been an enlightening experience. There are dishes that I thought were really great for us that aren't (did you know that tortilla chips are loaded with fat?). I've also become much more conscious of how big a serving size it. I've been using This site. It's not perfect, but it works. My favorite thing about it is that you can input your recipes and it will analyze them for you. You might have to do a bit of work on that, especially if your husband decides to join you and is a perfectionist. But now I go into a meal knowing how much I can eat, and that helps me keep control a lot. I also have to say that having Faramir on board is making me keep with it much longer than I might have otherwise.

Did you watch The Biggest Loser last night? It was a very emotional episode. The blue team lost again. I'm sad about that. My guess is that they will re-arrange teams this week.

We still don't know what's happening on the job front, but the ball finally seems to be rolling. More information on that later.

Spring seems to have sprung, suddenly. The weather is beautiful and Faramir and I have started in on actually making our yard look decent. It's quite difficult. We aren't very good at this just yet, but we will keep working at it. Yippee for green and growth again. I was getting tired of brown.

Hmm. . .need a good song to put in here. . . I was intending to put in a song about spring, but I found this and thought you could use a good laugh. Love this man!



And the Lakme Flower Duet just because it's spring and I want to sing this song with my little sister some day. (I first heard the Yanni version of this and have loved it ever since. Phenomenal!) (And did you notice, little sister, I finally found the name of it?!) (If I ever sing it it will sound far more like the Yanni version it would sound like these two amazing women. I still want to sing it.)

11 Responses
  1. Heidi Says:

    Wow! You can sing like that?!? How cool! (and congrats on the diaper thing. And spring. And news on the job front!)


  2. Emily Says:

    I am jealous you are out of diapers. There is no light at the end of the tunnel at our house for diapers.

    And veggies tales, amen to no potty humor, living with three boys, I feel like somedays I am the only one who doesn't find the word 'bum' funny.


  3. I, too, love the sound of words!

    Congrats on the potty feat. My little guy accomplished that this last October, but I am still in the wiping phase :) !! All well, I will take the wiping phase over the diaper phase any day :) !!


  4. CC Says:

    Loved it when my kids were out of diapers! But hated running to the bathroom with them constantly.

    After painful calorie counting for 2 months, I finally made my goal. Woo hoo! It does get easier (a little).

    and I have to ask... is your name really Eowyn? Because we were mighty close to naming our daughter that name. We love it.


  5. Dedee Says:

    I was terribly close to naming my daughter that too (a name that would actually fit her still) but we didn't. So, no. My name is not Eowyn, but deep in my heart I wish it was. :)


  6. I love Veggie Tales. I like the pirates who don't do anything song.

    And I watched TBL. I keep wondering if the cousins, Filipe and Sione, are LDS but I'm too lazy to Google it.


  7. Tortilla chips are fatty? Too bad because I love tortilla chips. I can probably eat a whole bowl by myself.

    Wow these women's pipes are amazing. I can't pretend I'm a big fan of opera, but I do like listening to songs like this now and again. Very emotional but calming.


  8. I. Love. This. Post.

    Why?

    It's like a big ole dose of YOU and it makes me happy.


  9. EEEEMommy Says:

    Love random snippet posts like this!


  10. Aquaspce Says:

    I love the words onomatopoeia and Cholecystectomy bizzare, I know.

    Congrats to you on toilet training, we have taken a step back I fear :(

    And... I AM A TOTAL CALORIE COUNTER! But it works for me big time :) It makes me think... I could eat this baked potato (110 cal) with sour cream (60 cal) margarine (100 cal) bacon bits (30 cal) for a total of 300 cal or a LARGE garden salad with a grilled chicken breast for a total of 200 calories... jus' sayin' makes me think twice what I put in my mouth :)


  11. charrette Says:

    That Flower duet from Lakme is one of my all-time favorites! I think I have downloaded 4 or 5 versions to my i-tunes account. Love it!

    And I also love Victor Borge. I saw him live a long time ago. He was phenomenal.