Dedee
So for all of my grand plans to post every day, well, obviously that didn't work.

My excuse is sick.  Lots of it.  Everyone in my family except my DH has gotten some sort of bug.  It includes lots of coughing and some fever and, for one child, some vomit.  For one child there was extreme fatigue.  We are still trying to figure that one out.

But isn't life all about getting back up and running the race, even when you trip and fall on your face?

I've always loved that poem.  I've probably shared it on here before, the one about getting up and winning the race.

It's a hard thing to do sometimes, but I've always thought that the measure of a human being is their ability to get back up when everything in them is screaming to stay on the ground.  I've been there.  There are days when it's been all I could do to get out of bed, emotionally speaking.  And sometimes I have to visualize myself getting up off the ground and standing up.

Rascal Flatts--Stand--one of my anthems.  This is what it's all about.




0 Responses