Dedee
Have you read this chapter in Isaiah? I've read it three times over the last few days. It's making me very happy. It's a very hopeful chapter.

1 And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5 Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.


- - -

Love you to pieces. I'm sure my posting will increase once school has started again. As it is, I still have family in town and will for another week and a half. And I'm so very happy about that.

- - -

I was moaning and groaning to myself yesterday (and, frankly, to the people around me) about how I wanted to do some quick family getaway over the next couple of weeks before school starts again. (It starts super early around here.) And then I promptly started laughing at myself. Hello! I've been to Vancouver, Canada, Nebraska and the Philippines this year already, and I'm already wanting to go again. Good grief!

- - -

Speaking of the Philippines, here's a couple of pictures for you to look at.

Okay, there's five.

Central Market in Bacolod. I adored this place. . .except the raw meat just sitting out. I liked everything else about it.



Do you see something wrong with this picture?



I love Plumerias. This one is going on my wall.



Lion Fish from the Manila Ocean Park aquarium.



Pig root?

- - -

I've been doing more hiking than normal this year. I've had a rather interesting reaction. The more I hike, the more I want to. I'm beginning to think that I should make this part of my exercise routine, but I don't want to do it alone. I wonder if I could find a permanent hiking buddy.

- - -

Okay, I've got to go be mom this morning, so I'm off. Have a happy day!
Labels: edit post
7 Responses
  1. Kazzy Says:

    We, too, are trying to schedule a getaway in a couple of weeks. Unlike you, we have been NOWHERE this summer. ;( I get cabin fever.

    Nice to read from you. See you soon, once you have more time.


  2. thanks for your comment on the Old School. I love your blog! I'll be back.


  3. Catherine Says:

    I can just imagine the stories that go with these pictures. Take me with you next time! :)


  4. You have been rather spoiled traveling-wise, haven't you. Anytime you want to come to Canada though I will BE there...here...wherever. I don't think there'll ever be a time in our lives where we see too much of each other!

    Love the quote from Isaiah. Just as you said, so full of hope!


  5. Emily Says:

    I want to be your hiking buddy. But right now, I get sick walking up and down my stairs....maybe next year?


  6. We finally get our getaway next week, to Bear Lake. International trips aren't fun with toddlers who dart off without warning. And we've had to trade big fun trips for a house, which is a totally fine trade. Lucky you, though!


  7. One of my favorite Isaiah scriptures is when he describes the atonement as "beauty for ashes."

    Ditto on the posting frequency.

    I wish we lived closer. I am finding the same thing about me and my hiking?!