Eowyn
Have you read this chapter in Isaiah? I've read it three times over the last few days. It's making me very happy. It's a very hopeful chapter.

1 And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
5 Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.


- - -

Love you to pieces. I'm sure my posting will increase once school has started again. As it is, I still have family in town and will for another week and a half. And I'm so very happy about that.

- - -

I was moaning and groaning to myself yesterday (and, frankly, to the people around me) about how I wanted to do some quick family getaway over the next couple of weeks before school starts again. (It starts super early around here.) And then I promptly started laughing at myself. Hello! I've been to Vancouver, Canada, Nebraska and the Philippines this year already, and I'm already wanting to go again. Good grief!

- - -

Speaking of the Philippines, here's a couple of pictures for you to look at.

Okay, there's five.

Central Market in Bacolod. I adored this place. . .except the raw meat just sitting out. I liked everything else about it.



Do you see something wrong with this picture?



I love Plumerias. This one is going on my wall.



Lion Fish from the Manila Ocean Park aquarium.



Pig root?

- - -

I've been doing more hiking than normal this year. I've had a rather interesting reaction. The more I hike, the more I want to. I'm beginning to think that I should make this part of my exercise routine, but I don't want to do it alone. I wonder if I could find a permanent hiking buddy.

- - -

Okay, I've got to go be mom this morning, so I'm off. Have a happy day!
Labels: edit post
7 Responses
  1. Kazzy Says:

    We, too, are trying to schedule a getaway in a couple of weeks. Unlike you, we have been NOWHERE this summer. ;( I get cabin fever.

    Nice to read from you. See you soon, once you have more time.


  2. thanks for your comment on the Old School. I love your blog! I'll be back.


  3. Catherine Says:

    I can just imagine the stories that go with these pictures. Take me with you next time! :)


  4. Kimberly Says:

    You have been rather spoiled traveling-wise, haven't you. Anytime you want to come to Canada though I will BE there...here...wherever. I don't think there'll ever be a time in our lives where we see too much of each other!

    Love the quote from Isaiah. Just as you said, so full of hope!


  5. Emily Says:

    I want to be your hiking buddy. But right now, I get sick walking up and down my stairs....maybe next year?


  6. Melanie J Says:

    We finally get our getaway next week, to Bear Lake. International trips aren't fun with toddlers who dart off without warning. And we've had to trade big fun trips for a house, which is a totally fine trade. Lucky you, though!


  7. One of my favorite Isaiah scriptures is when he describes the atonement as "beauty for ashes."

    Ditto on the posting frequency.

    I wish we lived closer. I am finding the same thing about me and my hiking?!