Dedee
Ah, WinCo, how I love thee!
Let me count the ways.
1-Udderly Chocolate
2-Mountain Blackberry
3-Mint Chocolate Chip
4-Mountain Huckleberry
(Where is the mudslide, oh WinCo, I do miss it muchly!)
5-Marionberry Pie

Oh, but I must stop, lest thou thinkest I love thee only for thine Tillamook Ice Cream. Thou must understand that I have been without thee for so long, that mine heart (and tongue) is filled to overflowing with gratitude that you have moved thine abode closer to me. I remember thine ice cream well, so I was gratified and rejoiced muchly that thine ice cream was even better than I remembered it.

I must also praise thine pumpkins at 6 cents a pound, and thine bananas at 18 cents a pound. I love thine bulk foods. I love thine price on hot dogs.

And last, but not least, thou dearest WinCo, I love thine Nazook. Nowhere else in all of mine travels have I yet found Nazook. I have heard that there be places that make it better than thou dost, but as I have yet to find these places, I am happy to fill mine mouth with thine goodness.

Bless thee, bless thee, oh WinCo for coming to me!

(If you live close to me, it's worth the trip for the ice cream alone. If you ever decide to go to Oregon, go to the factory, sample some cheese [remember this is Oregon, not France] and get yourself an ice cream cone.)
8 Responses
  1. Kazzy Says:

    Can I have ice cream for breakfast now?


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I'm so happy for you! And if it's moved close to you, does that mean it's moved close to me? Where? Where?

    Happy Halloween!


  3. Aquaspce Says:

    Yum Yum Yum!

    Happy Halloween!


  4. Oh how I miss Winco...AND Tillamook ice cream!

    Sigh.

    I'm glad for you though! Truly!


  5. Winco? Foreign language to me :)

    but I do so love ice cream.

    don't worry, even with no winco, I've definitely been enjoying the Halloween candy over here :)


  6. Natalie Says:

    mmmmmmm...ice cream.... :) This post made me tear up just a little. I "heart" ice cream so much...I almost "heart" it more than I "heart" my children...almost...ok, maybe some days I "heart" it a little more. But only for a brief second, when they have screamed at me all day and they are finally bathed, in bed and sound asleep...then I "heart" ice cream the most, and after eating a little ice cream it makes it so much easier to "heart" my children once again :)

    (Also, I agree with your suggestion on my blog-we do need to do lunch sometime...and maybe ice cream ;)


  7. Heidi Says:

    Our Winco is just far enough away and our weather so warm most of the time that we have never dared to buy ice cream at Winco. However, I am going to load up a cooler and give it a try b/c of your waxing so poetically. I adore their Italian seasonings blend--it's delish and practically free.


  8. WinCo is definitely a part of my life. A group of girlfriends and I go there regularly for food storage runs :) !!