Dedee
I'm a bit tired tonight. Tiredness seems to bring with it melancholy. So I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and sad. I'm not really sure why. It just seems to be in the air. And a feeling that is so easy to fall in to.

The stress level is about the same. The job hunt went pretty much no-where. And yet things have to change. We can't keep going the way we are now. That gives me panic moments. And yet, when I think about my feelings, it's not this. It's just the moment. The tired. The sugar drop. (I was under my calorie in-take today so I added in a brownie and some ice cream. The brownie was worth it, the ice cream was not.) The wondering what is next. The playing too long at computer games because it is easier to blow time on a computer than it is to make myself get up and do anything else tonight.

Bleh.

Ok, enough of that.

So I'll talk about reviews about random things.

Backyardigans--The Tale of the Mighty Knights. Ok, so 80's rock opera makes me laugh. I watched this with my daughter tonight (after a mighty battle with Seth--he didn't do his work to watch and then threw a tizzy about the whole thing.) It made me laugh. I thought it had a weird-ish ending though.

I'm currently on a Scrubby-bubbles kick. They are cleaning up my bathrooms quite nicely.

Speaking of bathrooms, Lysol t/b cleaner is the best!

I like t-shirts that go under other stuff best from Shade. All my Down East ones have shrunk a smidge and become hard.

I'm still not sure about my high efficiency (do you know how much trouble I had spelling that tonight?) washer. But I think we just found out that the hoses were switched and we were washing the cold batches in hot. Oops. I'll keep you posted on this one.

If you are going to get a digital picture frame, go for resolution and aspect ratio. If you get a super cheap one a lot of pics will come out distorted. I have a cheap on and we just bought my parents a much more expensive one for their Anniversary and theirs is a lot better than mine.

The Chrysler Pacifica is a cool car, but it doesn't have a lot of storage room. That can be frustrating as a parent.

Georgette Heyer's detective story that I read this week was disappointing. Maybe I have read too much Agatha Christie, but I smelled the twist long before the detective figured it out and that annoyed me. Maybe I read too much.

Yeah, I probably do. But don't tell anyone.

My Mistborn II book is too big for my elliptical. I'm having to elliptical one handed and hold the book with the other. Makes for an interesting work out anyway.

My fights with Seth have gone up in number and intensity. I think that the stress of work is starting to be manifest. The kids know that things are going to change, and part of me wishes that at least he didn't know. He doesn't handle change well and I can feel it all the time. They are almost daily now. It hurts my heart more than I can possibly tell you every time he yells at me that he hates me and thinks that I do things because I don't want him to be happy. Tonight I did a better job than normal at keeping my cool, but I had to bite my lip a few times. That child know how to press my buttons. I finally had to threaten him with the removal of all privileges--tv, computer, wii and friends for a month to get him to shut down tonight. I hate times like this. He really needs stability.

The problem is, we don't know where to find it. Faramir sent out an e-mail to his superior a week ago about his situation and we still have heard nothing back. Do we wait it out? Do we not? There are lots of days when I want to go back to being an early college student and not having to make hard decisions.

I need to stop playing computer games. Snood is fun. . .

I think Faramir is home.

Have a happy day.

Eowyn
14 Responses
  1. I hope you feel better soon. The blahs stink.


  2. Heidi Says:

    Ah nuts! This is all so hard! We have so been there. And it is looking like we might be again soon. Sigh. ..


  3. Dedee Says:

    Melanie, thanks.

    Heidi, If you do go there again, we can commiserate together. Here's hoping you don't though!


  4. Laine Says:

    oh eowyn. I'm sorry. Very, very sorry about all of it. i love you. me


  5. You have a lot to be feeling blah about right now, luv, but that doesn't mean it can't be fought. ~hugs~ And I'll help.


  6. That's a whole lot of stress. I'm sorry. I want to say things like "this too shall pass," but it just sounds lame.

    Hang in there, sweet lady!


  7. Emily Says:

    Yucky Blahs. Yucky, yucky, Blahs. I just wish we could just get a taste of the Blahs, then they would be over. But instead they linger, and linger. :(
    And I am glad you didn't tell me it was Snood Yesterday. When I was pregnant with Tuck,I played that for like 4 hours one night straight. I love that silly game...


  8. I wish I know what to say to make it all better. I'm sorry you have to go through this kind of season in your life. If it helps, we went through job loss a few years back and it was so yucky, but everything worked out eventually.


  9. Amber Says:

    We can smell a job loss coming soon too and it's stressing us both out. I feel you there.


  10. Aquaspce Says:

    I love this random post:) I hope you feel not so blah-ey soon! And kids are so schedule oriented it's mind boggling really - but it makes them stronger and I totally understand, Kai and Deklan are having a real struggle with the changes we've had to make. It's a learning curve and really, in the lake we're swimming, in, it's a mere ripple... hugs to you ♥


  11. Brillig Says:

    Oh. Mygosh. So much delicious randomness here! I'm am sorry about the blahs, though. I'm kinda feeling a similar thing-- though, I confess, it doesn't inspire me to blog about lysol toilet bowl cleaner. Hahaha. I hope you feel better. I hope things with Seth get better. I can imagine that it's so stressful and heartbreaking. Wish you both the best...

    xoxox


  12. Brillig Says:

    Just checkin' in on you... Hope the blahs have subsided.



  13. I hope the blahs have somewhat passed for you ... I am tired of the blahs, too. I wish life was simpler.

    I am praying for you!