Dedee
Today is here. I will start with a smile and resolve to be agreeable. I will not criticize. I refuse to waste my valuable time.

Today has one thing in which I know I am equal with others--time. All of us draw the same salary in seconds, minutes, hours. . .

Today I will not waste my time, because the minutes I wasted yesterday are as lost as a vanished thought.

Today I refuse to spend time worrying about what might happen. I am going to spend my time making things happen. . .

Today I am determined to do things I should do. I firmly determine to stop doing the things I should not do.

Today I begin by doing, and not wasting my time. In one week I will be miles beyond the person I am today.

Today I will not imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different. I will make success with what material I have.

Today I will stop saying, "If I had time," for I never will "find time" for anything--if I want it I must take it.

Today I will act toward other people as though this might be my last day on earth. I will not wait for tomorrow.

TOMORROW NEVER COMES.

(I read this on the counter of a gas station in Oregon. I loved it so much that I got out a pen and paper to copy it down. The gas station attendant stopped me and grabbed a copy of it from beneath the counter. I have been forever grateful. I read it again this morning and I felt like I should post it. Happy days to you all!)

(Oh, sorry about the lack of posts. We all are sick at my house, and if we aren't we either have been or will be. More to come.)
Labels: edit post
8 Responses
  1. Emily Says:

    Empowering and Inspiring. Love it.



  2. Heidi Says:

    Hope you all feel better soon! Thanks for posting this . .


  3. I love this, especially the part about all of us drawing the same salary. So true, and it's a precious paycheck to be used wisely.


  4. Erin Says:

    I think I needed this today. Thank you. It was so powerful!


  5. Heidi Says:

    Eowyn, miss you! Hope you are doing better. . . .


  6. Unidan Says:

    I found this through a Google image search with my own name, boosting my own ego. I like your profile picture. XD


  7. Thanks for sharing ... I need to now print that and hang it on my mirror and my fridge and my ceiling so I can see it when I wake up in the morning :) !!