Dedee
Welcome to Refracted Light. I'm a firm believer that life is made up of endless moments, colors, imagery and beauty--as well as some not so beautiful things.

I am a woman of many titles and jobs, each of which is a part of me. I can't pick my favorite anything. If you ask, I will usually list two or three of something. (Except Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream. That is my favorite mint chocolate ice cream) (Actually I should make it clear right now that ice cream is my favorite dessert. I love dessert in general, but ice cream goes beyond dessert into comfort food. . .which is why I don't buy very much.)

There are six major players in this blog. Me--Eowyn, the Dh--Faramir, my daughter--10--Kendra, Son 1--8--Seth, Son 2--5--Pablo, and Son 3--2--Tyrone. The names are characters from some of our favorite books, and you will find out quite quickly that we read a lot here. In fact, you should just expect a lot of book reviews, movie reviews (less of those), Wii game reviews (a new thing at our house), and miscellaneous reviews of other things, like T-shirts or cleaning stuff. As for what else comes out, why you'll just have to check back often and find out what I have to offer.

I picked the name Refracted Light because like the light that comes out of a prism, I am a many faceted individual. (And, let's face it, I love color.)

Welcome to my world.
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. I just got a delighted little shiver. I've a feeling I'm going to like it here. Can't wait to see how you bend your light.


  2. What a perfect blog title and description ... it is very true to how I feel about my life as well - one life, lots of moments.

    I am a HUGE fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it needs to be the right kind. I have never tried the Ben & Jerry's one ... guess that will be going on my next grocery list!